As I write this, it is Thursday, December 20th. Some believe that the world will end tomorrow. Apparently, though, Sven Gronemeyer, attributed the title of “German expert” by some web site I just looked at two minutes ago, believes it’s simply the start of a new Mayan calendar.
Thanks to this German man, we’ll most likely still be here on Saturday. That’s good, because I have things to do. The buzz of the holiday season is loud all around us and is a hard thing to escape when we want to. Once that buzz is gone, I intend to start my own calendar of sorts over. These are not New Year’s resolutions as such, but goals I have for myself musically in the year 2013. There are many but a few are:
– Continue to write new songs and release a quarterly EP
– Work with other local artists to put out a sampler CD that in some way benefits the community
– Regularly upload new videos, perhaps even a monthly webcast concert.
– Host another radio show on KFAI as well as record and submit material to get played on other local radio stations
– Play more awesome shows and meet more awesome people like you!
So you see, there’s NO WAY the world can end tomorrow; I simply have too much I’m looking forward to doing.
Join me tomorrow evening to ring in the new Mayan calendar. I’ll be playing from 8 to 10 at The 3rd Floor at 579 Selby Avenue in Saint Paul. It’s on the top floor of Dr. Chocolate’s Chocolate Chateau. I’m guessing they have some chocolate there.
Whatever your plans may be for the next two weeks, I wish you all the best and, I just have to say this……see ya next year!
Friday, December 21st 2012
The 3rd Floor – 579 Selby Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55102
8 – 10pm